This is an easy to make winter delight.
- Gather an assortment of dried beans, lentils, split peas and maybe even oats.
- Wash very well and soak over night.
- Drain out the water and re-wash
- Put beans into a large pot and cover with 2 inches extra over the top of bean mixture with clean water, Toss in your favorite vegan bouillon cube. This is the spicy part: Add in frozen fresh hot chilies. I grow a large amount of chilies every summer. I put the whole fresh ripened organic peppers into a freezer bag strait into the freezer and take them out when I need them for cooking. This soup has 1 Tabasco pepper, 1 Mayan Hot habanero, 1 Caribbean habanero and 2 Nubian peppers.Boil at a med heat for a few hours.
- Cut up some onion and toss it in the pot, Cut up some carrots and toss it into the pot. Add a bay leaf, crushed dried Italian flat leaf parsley, and a few shakes of garlic granules. This is the point where you could also add a potato, celery, etc. what ever veg you have on hand you’d like to eat. Boil, then turn to low heat and simmer for a few more hours.
- Technically you could make this in much less time, but if you have all day to stir the pot, this is the best way to make bean soup it will get creamy naturally.
- Don’t forget to take OUT the hot peppers and the bay leaves before serving up to eat. Due to the spiciness you might also want to stir in some vegan sour creme, or vinegar, or serve with some bread or put the whole dish over rice. Kids really like this in a tortilla wrapped up like a burrito.
Support a vegan artist, visit my handmade gemstone jewelry store online at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/goodnessinthecosmos